Sunday, June 5, 2011

Savoring the Moment

Today I was sitting in my apartment listening to Jeremy Camp, Hillsong, Ginny Owens on repeat. I was just sitting on my love seat taking in how great I find my apartment. How great I find my personal space. It is then that it hit me...This may be the last time in my life when I can have a space that is entirely my own. If I get a roommate next year. I may have to get rid of a few things. My place will no longer be catered to my every need. It will no longer be filled with everything that I love the most.


Then the idea crossed my mind. OH MY GOSH what if I fall in love and get married. My space will never be just mine again. I will not even have a bedroom all to myself. Right now everything is perfect. Everything is perfectly the way I want it. I may never feel as comfortable or complete in an area again, because it may never be fully mine again.


I have to admit I found this thought sad, but I also found the thought special. It made me realize that I need to love every moment of this and make it my dream place, because I may never be able to live this dream again. I will live many of my other dreams though. Such as buying a home and making it a home with a husband, but I will be living a different dream. When I have a roommate I will have a chick flick movie night buddy, so don't get me wrong. I know for every con there is a pro, but for this moment I am going to savor my independence, creativity, and freedom while I can. One day I will be looking back at this moment thinking MAN those were the good ole days...be blessed my friends XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment